High income child benefit charge – HMRC errors

If you have individual income in excess of £50,000, you may have to pay the ‘high income child benefit charge’. This depends on whether or not you or your partner is in receipt of child benefit. If you’ve received correspondence from HMRC asking you to amend your tax return for an overpayment of child benefit, don’t be too hasty to … Read More