Claiming tax relief on working from home?

If you run your own business and an element of your role involves working from home, you are entitled to claim tax relief on the associated expenses.

This is commonly referred to as ‘use of home as office’ and typically, a self employed person would claim a deduction in their tax return for this cost.

The HMRC guildelines are currently that an individual can claim £4 per week for ‘use of home as office’.

Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your tax situation and how to ensure you are claiming what you are entitled to.

Our personal tax manager Helen Sewell is contactable on [email protected] or call Helen on 01527 558539.

Curo March 2013.